Tuesday, January 13, 2009

African Peacemaker

Tonight I was reading Kyle and Nathan a book before putting them to bed. There was a little black girl in one picture. Kyle says, 
"Wait Mom, this is really important! See that brown girl? Mrs. Hodges (librarian) said that all dark brown and black peoples' ancestors came from Africa! Every single one!" I'm glad he told me that urgent tidbit before we were out running errands in town.

I try to point out to the boys when they are being peacemakers. Tonight while reading bedtime books, I commended Nathan for giving up his soft chair to his brother. He then said, very seriously, "mom since I'm such a good peacemaker Heavenly Father's gonna want me right back in Heaven with him. Are you gonna miss me so much that you'll lay another little Nathan as soon as I'm gone?" I quickly explained that he will be alive for the rest of his life and that there will never be another Nathan quite as special as him. Didn't touch the lay part. I hope I won't have to for a few more years! It sure was cute though.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "lay" part. It sure feels like a lot more than just laying a baby!!

    ReplyDelete